I'm eagerly awaiting my copy of the Kosmic Kitchen Cookbook - Everyday Herbalism and Recipes for Radical Wellness to arrive from Amazon - in the meantime, I've joined the Kosmic Cooking Club where I've come across a recipe to showcase all the nettles that are growing up the hill at present. Here is the adapted version:
1 onion, chopped
2 T olive oil
1 t sea salt
1 t ground black pepper
2 bunches of kale, stems removed and chopped
250g fresh nettle leaves
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
200g goat feta, cut into small cubes
1. Saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent. Season with salt & pepper.
2. Pop the kale & nettle in a steam pot - once cooked (bright green & just tender) add to the onion in the frypan and stir fry further to remove any extra moisture.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the onions, greens, feta, nutmeg & eggs stirring gently to combine.
4. Take 4 sheet of filo pastry and gently brush each one with the olive oil and layer in a cast iron or similar pan with the edges draping over the side.
5. Spoon the filling into the centre of the filo and gently fold the edges up and over to seal in the filling.
6. Brush the top with more olive oil and bake for 30-45 minutes until golden brown. Serve with a bright salad such as carrot & beetroot.