Mid Winter Savoury Muffins
Updated: Jul 7, 2019
Something filling and nourishing on a cold winters day. Serve warm with organic butter and a pot of Oatstraw tea.
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup steamed cubed pumpkin
A handful of finely chopped parsley, coriander & oregano
1 free range egg
1 lug organic cow/goat/nut milk
1 C grated organic cheese or crumbled feta
1 C chickpea flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda, to which 1 Tablespoon boiling water has been added
salt, pepper, kelp flakes to taste
1 handful of sun dried tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease a non stick muffin tray with coconut oil or butter. I use squares of baking paper and make my own muffin liners.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion and garlic.
3. Meanwhile in a large bowl, stir together the chickpea flour, grated cheese, salt, pepper, herbs & kelp.
4. In another bowl, whisk egg & add milk. Transfer, along with veges & sun dried tomatoes in frying pan, to large bowl and mix until well combined.
5. Pop mixture into muffin tins, and top with sunflower seeds and a little dash of olive oil.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Delicious served warm with organic butter.